Craving a decadent dessert to kick off a Friday movie night or easy, fun and different pie to replace the standard classics? Give this scrumptious pie a chance to dazzle the whole gang’s taste buds.
2 cans (12.4 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
5 sliced, cored and peeled granny smith apples
½ cup sugar
1 tbsp cornstarch
2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray bottom of 9” pie pan.
- Peel apples and then cut into thin slices. Pour all apples into a mixing bowl.
- Add sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon to the bowl and mix all together.
Tip: You can easily substitute a can of apple pie filling here to cut time and work.
- Open refrigerated rolls, place 1 roll in center of pan; pat and press to stretch. Surround with remaining 7 rolls; press seams of dough to cover and seal the entire bottom of the pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- Add apple mixture to the pie pan.
- Open 2nd can of rolls, and arrange in a tight circle on a floured surface (again, 1 in the middle 7 around the edges). Press rolls together and create a thin, even circle of dough (use a rolling pin if needed). Gently lay cinnamon roll dough on top of the apples, creating a seal with the dough around the edges of the pan (cutting excess before sealing if needed).
- Cover the pie with foil, and bake for about 18–24 minutes or until golden brown.
Once the pie has cooled, drizzle the cinnamon roll icing on top for extra sweetness. Garnish with slivered almonds and/or pecan pieces for a scrumptious finishing touch. Wanna take your creation to the next level? Add a big ole scoop of vanilla bean ice cream to make this dessert otherworldly.